Loading Web Pages & Starting Configuration
Selecting Data / Page Interaction
Following a link
Capturing data from multiple pages
Export captured data
Keyword based Scraping
Scrape via Proxy Server
Scheduler & Command line options
How to register ?
Once WebHarvy has finished scraping data, you can export (save) the captured data as a file (XML, CSV, JSON or TSV file) or to a database by clicking the 'Export' button. As shown below clicking the 'Export' button gives 2 options to export data, to file or to database.
Click Export button and select 'Export as File' option to export captured data as an XML, CSV, JSON or TSV file.
WebHarvy currently does not provide a direct option to save the captured data as an Excel file/workbook. The following methods can be used instead.
1. Export data as a CSV file (see above)
2. Double click on the exported CSV file icon to open it correctly in Microsoft Excel
3. Using 'File menu > Save as' option in Excel, save the file as an Excel workbook
While following the above method, make sure that you double click the CSV file icon to open it in Excel. Opening Excel first and then opening the CSV file from there (File menu > Open) may result in data alignment issues. The following method can also be used.
1. After mining is finished, click on the first cell of data in the miner window data table
2. Press CTRL + A of keyboard so that all cells in the data table are selected
3. Press CTRL + C to copy the entire data table to clipboard
4. Now open Microsoft Excel or any other spreadsheet software
5. Directly paste the copied data in table format either by pressing CTRL + V or by right clicking the mouse and selecting Paste option (Right Click on spreadsheet area > Paste).
Click Export button and select 'Export to Database' option to export captured data to an SQL database. WebHarvy currently supports Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
You must provide the SQL server address, login details, database name and table name before clicking the Export button. If table of given name is not present in the database it will be automatically created. If table already exists exported data will be appended to it.